Chief Executive Officer, The Maharaja Organisation (Projects) Ltd, July 1977 to date
- Currently engaged in promoting and developing a 10,000 acre Bio Mass Plantation in Sri Lanka to produce power.
- The Company is currently engaged in promoting and setting up an export oriented 300,000 BPSD Petroleum Refinery at Trincomalee costing approx. US$ 4.5 Billion.
- Developing Infrastructure projects within Sri Lanka in collaboration with Korean, Indian, European, American and Japanese principals.
- Has successfully participated in the development and financing of Highways, Dams, Power stations, tunnels, bridges and various other projects by negotiation and/or by Tender for the Government of Sri Lanka which now accounts for around 50% of the installed capacity of all Hydro power projects in the country.
- Have developed and signed the largest single renewable energy Power Purchase Agreement to install a 70 MW Wind Solar Hybrid project GENERATING 35mw in Jaffna, North most point of Sri Lanka. (EPC contract and PPA signed).
- Developing a LNG Terminal using FSRU to introduce LNG to Sri Lanka US$ 1.5 billion.
Executive Director, The Capital Maharaja Organisation (Private) Limited, July 1977 to date
Chief Executive Officer / Director, CFT Engineering Limited, (subsidiary of The Maharaja Organisation), October 1976 to July 1976
- Negotiated and obtained the Renault Agency for Sri Lanka and purchased 100% equity of CFT Engineering Ltd for the Maharaja Organisation Ltd.
- Operated the Renault franchise in Sri Lanka.
Accountant – Tea Division, Ceylon Tobacco Company Limited, (subsidiary of BAT), June 1973 – October 1976
- Managed an all island tobacco plantation of 20,000 acres.
- Responsible for Policy Planning and Management of Tobacco Growers, Buyers, and Processors.
- Negotiated an additional 10,000 acres during tenure at the Leaf Division.
Manager, Special Projects, Head Office Colombo
- Leading the Special Projects team with a mandate to earn foreign exchange from non-tobacco sources.
- Import the required plant and machinery for the cigarette manufacturing operation.
Cost Accountant, Reckitt & Colman (Ceylon) Ltd, December 1969 – June 1973
- Member of the Management Committee responsible for Policy Planning and product pricing functions of the Group.
- Active Member of the Ceylon Chamber of Commerce and a member of the Power & Energy Steering Committee since 2003.
- Director/Secretary of the American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM) Sri Lanka since 2005.
- Ex-President of the Sri Lanka Russia Business Council and now a Member of the Council.
- Council Member of the “Business for Peace Alliance” engaged in promoting business activities in the remote villages in Sri Lanka and engaging Regional Chambers around the country.
- Member of the Board of Governors – Trinity College, Kandy